Senior Land Manger/Director - New Build Housing
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Salary||Up to £80,000 DOE + Excellent Bonus + Package|
|Advertiser||Rischer and Butler|
- My client, a largely successful developer is looking for a Land professional to join their East Midlands Team. The level of experience is ideally someone of a Senior Land Manager level who is looking for progression.
My client is all about finding the right cultural fit and someone who has the drive to build a team as well as a wealth of experience!
Key Roles & responsibilities
- To develop and maintain regular contacts with land agents/owners within the area of operation.
- To monitor the Development Plans to identify possible future development sites suitable for purchase under option.
- To discuss with Local Planning Authorities the future potential of land for development
- To negotiate the purchase of land directly with agents and/or owners.
- To prepare a monthly report outlining contacts made and progress in identification and negotiation of land and outlining the key issues and resolutions.
- To project manage the process from having an offer accepted to exchange of contracts and, if necessary, to secure completion of the land acquisition.
- To instigate the necessary technical investigations required to ensure that the land can be satisfactorily developed.
- To prepare a financial viability for Board approval to support the purchase of the land incorporating all costs for the development of the site.
- To provide a full market appraisal including competitors sites to support the sales rates and values contained in the viability.
- To organise the production of a constraints map for every site purchased and to present the same at the pre-contract meeting.
- To ensure that planning permission is obtained in as short a time as possible by liaising with the technical departments in the company and organising and attending meetings with them and the Local Planning Authority.
- To instruct/assist the Legal Team in the preparation of the Sale Agreement and Replies to Contract and to project manage the process from acceptance of offer to legal completion.
Essential Education, training or qualifications
- Degree in Estate Management or equivalent Relevant experience
- Demonstrable track record of buying land in the area of employment
- A good understanding of legal obligations
- Proven list of contacts in the area of employment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of planning authorities Special skills or knowledge
- Strong mathematic and IT ability
- Ability to assess and analyse information
- In depth understanding of budget management
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving Interpersonal skills and attitude
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Decision maker with pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Able to influence and persuade others
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines as and when the business needs require it This person specification is not a definitive statement. It provides an outline of the profile envisaged as being appropriate for this position.
The idea Candidate
You will be working for a new build developer at present with a minimum of 5 years experience, have a strong portfolio of contacts and worked on varying level projects from 100 - 500 units
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Becky Kitson on 07903946073 for a confidential discussion.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Rischer and Butler is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Please note that due to the high level of applications we are only able to contact you if short listed for this vacancy. If you have not been contacted within 3 days, then your application on this occasion has been unsuccessful.