Mechanical Design Engineer - Product Development
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Area||Derby, MidlandsNottingham, Midlands|
|Sector||EngineeringEngineering - Design (Electrical/Mechanical)Engineering - Manufacturing Engineering - Projects|
|Salary||up to £39,000 plus Excellent Company Benefits|
|Advertiser||Rischer and Butler|
- The primary responsibility is to create or assist in creating, product designs that fulfil the companies requirements and those of the customer/client.
As part of the Product Development team, using an operating procedure/framework founded on stage and gate principles, perform one or more of the following duties as assigned by the Innovation & Technology Director, Head of Development Services, or the Project Team Leader, to support the Team’s goals.
Lead, participate in, or support, the following product development activities:
- Concept, planning, design and execution stages of major new products or product
- Risk Assessment exercises
- Prototyping and testing concept designs & engineering builds
- Pilot Production
- Design Reviews
- Design verification testing
- Pre-production proving trials
Required Education/Experience :
- A degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical Engineering) or a related technical discipline for example Materials Technology
- Ideally you will have 5 years’ experience working in a product development design role preferably within a manufacturing environment, but this is not essential
- Proven experience of using AutoCad
- Fully conversant using Project Planning software e.g. Microsoft Project or similar.
- Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept and usability testing.
If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please call 0115 986 2416 or alternatively for a confidential discussion contact Tracy-Ann Smith on 07813 291404 or Joanne Hall on 07903 946074
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Rischer and Butler is an Equal Opportunities employer.